[Gmecm] Re: Vortec L31 oscillating at idle

Scott Pearson mrcad472
Tue Mar 20 19:48:24 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Gibson" <andrewsharyn at yahoo.com>

> The scan tool proceedure is in the functional tests menu. It has you start
> with the key on engine off, start the engine, then it initiates the learn
> commnad, and asks you to snap the throttle to get the engine up to the
> fuel cut out limiter. Then it's done. Takes about 30-45 seconds if your
> scan tool is capable. Mine is the Mac Mentor (OTC Genisis platform) Gm's
> OE scan tool of course should be able to do it.

That is a problem on OTC's end. With the Tech 2, as soon as it reaches the
desired RPM point (~4000RPM), it will cut out. The Genisys likes to bounce
it off the rev limiter for that 30-45 seconds. Btw, last time I tried the
Genisys will not do a relearn on an LS1. Bouncing off a 6200 rev limiter
sitting still is not the way I like to find out.

Scott