[Gmecm] Re: Vortec L31 oscillating at idle

Darren Freed darrenfreed
Mon Mar 19 19:58:27 UTC 2007

I didn't have a 3.4 DOHC calibration, so I started with a 3.1 and went from
there (I've only recently managed to get a 1997 3.4 DOHC PCM off ebay).  In
addition, I changed the cam timing, which obviously didn't help.  Any
modification that affects airflow will affect the idle.  Getting the idle
right on an OBD-II PCM can be a real challenge, especially when you've got
as heavily a modified setup as mine.  I suppose I should write an article
for the wiki...  I'll add that to my to-do list!

Darren