[Gmecm] Re: vehicle stability control system

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Sun May 6 22:08:37 UTC 2007

You could potentailly replace the EBTCM with an EBCM from a truck but I don't know why you would want to. The truck's EBCM would have programming for the braking response for a truck which would be slightly delayed on the rear wheels (Trucks are loaded different than a Yukon.) I would also beware from a safety factor of removing the stabiliy control from a suv. The engineers put it there for a reason. I went to a class on it and I think it's really good. Mainly because the computerized response time to excessive yaw is milliseconds. I can guarantee your respose time is not. But if you don't like it you can always hit the trac off button which diables both and certainly will not cause communication problems.