[Gmecm] Re: Undignified death of a project :P

Cowen captain_krill
Thu Sep 6 18:16:59 UTC 2007

I think that there are already "Low Oil Shutdown"
systems in place.  For instance, the Fiero MPFI I'm
using in my Jeep runs the Fuel Pump power through an
on/off switch in the Oil Pressure Sender.  I elected
not to use it because the sender was smashed...

I understand that the 4.0l Jeep engines often require
a number of cranks to start because they won't turn on
the injectors below a minimum oil pressure (which can
take a few cranks to build).  People bypass this for
instant starting.

So, in either case, a simple Idiot Light Sender
(on/off with pressure) will work for either temp or
oil pressure.  If your car has guages (with variable
resistors for senders), then find a sender from a
lower trim level car and you're set, then run your
injector power through it.

Or, never lend your car to anyone! :)