[Gmecm] VSS Question

T & J Spees spees
Fri Sep 14 21:28:47 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am new to the group and I am hoping I might be able to get some help.  I
have installed a TPI system running with a 727 ECM.  I have just connected a
VSS in an attempt to get rid of code 24.  I am using a stealth conversion 4
pulse sensor that allows the connection of the mechanical speedo cable to
the car.  The ecm does not appear to be reading the signal from the VSS.  I
connected the VSS to the ECM via a twisted wire pair to pins for the VSS on
the ECM according to the schematics.  Everything else works, but I still get
a code 24.  Also when I attempt to view the data stream with Tunerpro, the
vehicle speed shows as zero.  I have manually checked the VSS by spinning
with a drill, and it was producing AC voltage.  So, I expect the VSS is
working.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.