[Gmecm] VSS Question

Jay Vessels jay
Fri Sep 14 22:10:26 UTC 2007

Hi there!

I don't know what MEMCAL (chip) you're using (please mention the BCC --
broadcast code -- which is a 3 or 4 letter string on the MEMCAL label
like AUJP), but does it expect a magnetic VSS (4000 PPM, AC signal) or
an optical one (2000 PPM, 5V square wave)?  The 727 and 730 can use
either, but the MEMCAL has to be programmed to look for one versus the
other.  It's an easy programming change (one 1-bit flag determines which
VSS input it monitors).  If you're burning your own chips, this should
be easy to check and change.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)