[Gmecm] 16212488 ALDL MODE2/MODE3 bin dumping?

Rob Handley Robin
Sat Sep 15 09:09:29 UTC 2007

Are you sure that your MemCal is 64 K?

Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Engh" <stefan at engh.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: 15 September 2007 09:40
Subject: [Gmecm] 16212488 ALDL MODE2/MODE3 bin dumping?

Hello everyone,
This is my first post to the list. I hit myself daily for not having woken
up to this EFI stuff at least ten years ago! Playing catch-up is reeking
havoc with my beauty sleep ;-)

It all started about two years ago when I bought a 1995 6.5TD Suburban (ECM
16212488) and found out there where no PC scan tools available. I started
developing one for myself. It's called GMTDScan and has been out for almost
a year now. The last couple of days I've been playing with adding a ALDL
MODE2/MODE3 bin dump feature to it. I figured it would be a good way to
harvest stock bins from the 1994-95 6.5TD. Here's where I am having
problems...

I can only get it to dump addresses $4000-$FFFF. Trying to dump anything
above $4000 only returns the value of last byte ($FFFF).
Could someone please shed some light on why it works that way?
What type of information is stored in the $0000-$3FFF address range?

/Stefan