[Gmecm] 7747 stumbling acceleration when cold

Charles McDowell charles
Thu Dec 2 15:51:29 UTC 2010

Lower BPW did not help.  I decided to install the closed air cleaner with
heat riser though and that seems to have helped a lot.  It has warmed up
some here, so I'll try it for a while longer before I give my final
verdict.

The factory air cleaner is an ugly beast on a dressed up engine.  I hate the
two part design with the spacer.  My engine didn't originally have this
exact setup, so I really have no idea how they routed the hose from the
spacer without it interfering with the throttle cable. I got part way down
the street and realized I could only open the throttle part way.  I have a
hose on the spacer trying to get over to the driver's side valve cover.  I
know this isn't EFI related exactly, but can anyone explain how the factory
routing goes for the engine breather?