[Gmecm] 7747 stumbling acceleration when cold

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Thu Dec 2 16:18:20 UTC 2010

Just FYI - I didn't ever mean to infer that changing the BPW would help.
Just thought you might like to know what the correct values should be.

-Scott

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles McDowell
  To: Scott Peitzsch
  Cc: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:51 AM
  Subject: Re: [Gmecm] 7747 stumbling acceleration when cold

  Lower BPW did not help.  I decided to install the closed air cleaner with heat riser though and that seems to have helped a lot.  It has warmed up some here, so I'll try it for a while longer before I give my final verdict.

  The factory air cleaner is an ugly beast on a dressed up engine.  I hate the two part design with the spacer.  My engine didn't originally have this exact setup, so I really have no idea how they routed the hose from the spacer without it interfering with the throttle cable. I got part way down the street and realized I could only open the throttle part way.  I have a hose on the spacer trying to get over to the driver's side valve cover.  I know this isn't EFI related exactly, but can anyone explain how the factory routing goes for the engine breather?