[Gmecm] Centerbolt TPI baseplate on old heads

Eck, Joel Joel.Eck
Mon Nov 1 14:29:25 UTC 2010

http://www.professional-products.com/ManifoldAcc.php - "Intake manifold bushings"

I assume you'd want the angled bushing, p/n 52110, but you might be looking for the straight bushing, p/n 52112. Depends on how they define angled vs. straight. Probably best to call them to ask which are right for pre-'87 heads.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Jay Vessels
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:40 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] Centerbolt TPI baseplate on old heads

Hi there!

Changed the subject line to reflect reality.

I'm no fan of slotting those holes.  I know of no commercial filler
piece for this, so your best bet is to make them yourself or have them
made at a machine shop.  If memory serves the angle is 18 degrees but
hopefully someone will chime in to verify or correct me.

On a TPI baseplate it's not terrible, but a TBI intake -- well, next
time I'll just buy the right intake.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
2006 Pontiac Solstice