[Gmecm] FW: Centerbolt TPI baseplate on old heads

Eck, Joel Joel.Eck
Mon Nov 1 15:59:40 UTC 2010

Got this offline - looks like this place has them for $7.95. they used the same description on both the straight and angled bushings, though, so again, contact the mfr. to confirm which are the right ones for your application.

-----Original Message-----
From: JD [mailto:jdeeze at mhtc.net]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 10:41 AM
To: Eck, Joel
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Centerbolt TPI baseplate on old heads

This page on their website has a clearer picture and price.
http://performanceparts.com/part.php?partID=93192
You will actually be installing the shims180 degrees from what is shown in
the picture.
With the bigger side toward the outside.
They are showing an early style manifold on 72 degree heads (87-95 cast
iron).
I usually start the bolt, then hold up the washer and shoot some RVT into
the gap in the
manifold to prevent any vacuum leak. Which would cause problems with your
PCV.