[Gmecm] 7747 stumbling acceleration when cold

Eck, Joel Joel.Eck
Mon Nov 29 19:10:06 UTC 2010

You can select 'reply to all' instead of just 'reply', and it will include the gmecm mailing list as well as the last poster.

Is your coolant temp sensor reading properly/remotely close? What kind of intake are you running, stock TBI, aftermarket TBI, some sort of carb manifold with TBI adapter...? Checked for any potential vacuum leaks while cold?

Thanks,
Joel Eck

From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Charles McDowell
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 11:58 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] 7747 stumbling acceleration when cold

No, I have no park/neutral switch.  I datalogged this morning and the problem was very pronounced since it was fairly cold (40 degrees).  I noticed that the "old high gear flag" was on when it was in closed loop but not before.  It wasn't on in open loop.  The problem was, if anything, worse in closed loop.  I have a heated O2 and go closed loop pretty quick.  Anyone know if the high gear flag thing indicates anything important about the fuel delivery?

Did I mention I have "cop car" injectors?  It seemed like a fun idea at the time I got them, but I wonder if it's part of my problem.  I adjusted the BPW to account for them, but maybe there are other things that need adjusting as well?  I'm tempted to just get stock injectors so I can maybe use a normal bin without so many mods.  I originally had 305 injectors without knowing it and of course nothing worked.  I went straight to the cop car ones, so I've never actually used the regular 350 ones.

Thanks for the help.

By the way, this list always wants to reply to the individual poster instead of the whole list.  What's the easiest way around that?  I'm in gmail and all I can figure to do is cut and paste the list address over the poster's after I hit reply.