[Gmecm] Caprice Prom/ECM help

Edwin leahy playtoy_18
Wed Aug 31 18:31:41 UTC 2011

Lol, Avery that's what's wrong with my setup now.
I bought an old chip burner that uses an ISA card.
Then had to find a computer old enough to support it.
After finally finding everything I needed and getting it working I can't seem to figure out how to burn a chip though
Your link will probrably help with that though,so I'm going to check it out and see if I can get something working.
I do have some chips here that came with the burner that I can use to play with,and a couple holders from some ecm's I yanked to keep when I got to destroy countless perfectly good vehicles during cash for clunkers.
I've just been unsuccessful so far,but I shall try again.

I've got plenty of stuff for OBDII,including TCII,TCII/CAN,EFILive.
The one project I have that will use OBDI (Mclaren turbo engine in a fiero)I'm attempting to build a cam sensor for it to use SFI/OBDII.
So my halfassery in burn components I was hoping wouldn't bite me in the butt.

This evening I will attempt again to make my contraption of a burner work,if it won't guess i'll dig through some yards.

Thanks for all the advice guys,you've been very helpful.