[Gmecm] Project for Cussing and Discussing

Wade wades
Wed Jan 12 14:23:06 UTC 2011

Greetings from me to all of you all.

Here's the project:

I'm helping my cousin install a 2000 4.6 Modular Ford in his 37 Ford truck.
He will control the transmission via a separate aftermarket controller.

Here is some background:

Originally destined to be a carb'd engine, he wants me to help him install a
TBI instead of the carb.  He is running a MSD 6011 controller to handle the
ignition and timing chores and my problem is to come up with a system that
would work with the MSD 6011 controller and a TBI.

My question to the group (and I know that there are some really smart people
in it) is this:  Suggestions on how to interface with the MSD unit and let
the fuel injection chores be handled by the ECU and a TBI unit.

I'm going to be using an ECU from a late 80s early 90s Chevy truck.

Thanks.

Wade Sanders.