[Gmecm] Project for Cussing and Discussing

Bill Hamilton scoutii76
Wed Jan 12 18:27:02 UTC 2011

I don't see a problem other then going backwards to a TBI on a 4.6.

If you are planning a 1227747 or similar C3 ECM then you can use the ach output of the MSD(most have them) and send it to pin B5 of the ECM.
This will tell the ECM there is spark and will fire the injectors.

Bill

From: wades at mountainmanmotors.com
To: Gmecm at diy-efi.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:23:06 -0600
Subject: [Gmecm] Project for Cussing and Discussing

Greetings from me to all of you all.

Here?s the project:

I?m helping my cousin install a 2000 4.6 Modular Ford in his 37 Ford truck.  He will control the transmission via a separate aftermarket controller.

Here is some background:

Originally destined to be a carb?d engine, he wants me to help him install a TBI instead of the carb.  He is running a MSD 6011 controller to handle the ignition and timing chores and my problem is to come up with a system that would work with the MSD 6011 controller and a TBI.

My question to the group (and I know that there are some really smart people in it) is this:  Suggestions on how to interface with the MSD unit and let the fuel injection chores be handled by the ECU and a TBI unit.

I?m going to be using an ECU from a late 80s early 90s Chevy truck.

Thanks.

Wade Sanders.