[Gmecm] ALDL for Android?

Jay Vessels jay
Sun Mar 6 17:37:42 UTC 2011

Hi there!

I've seen OBD-II apps but nothing for older.

The interesting challenge will be the interface.  The OBD-II apps use a
Bluetooth dongle for interfacing with the PCM.  I'm not sure what to use
for an older PCM or ECM.

For OBD-II, the app that shows up in my searches is Torque, and
apparently likes the scantool.net Bluetooth adapter.

I suppose one could write an Android app. for older GMECMs, using the
USN port and a serial adapter (probably homebrew, I doubt a simple
serial port USB adapter would work unless the Android device has a USB
host port) but I have never developed an Android app so I don't know
what's involved or what kind of hardware access is available to the apps.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
2006 Pontiac Solstice