[Gmecm] LT1 in G-Body

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Tue Sep 13 22:34:38 UTC 2011

With all due respect to Scot's comment below, one other item to consider is how you plan to tune.

The common '94-5 LT1 PCM (16188051) is flash based, so real time tuning is not a practical option.
If you wish to tune in real time using something like the Moates Ostrich, it may sway you back to the
original '92-3 ECM.  The Ostrich is compatible with the '92-3 memcal, which the '94-5 flash PCM
obviously lacks.

Just some additional food for thought.

-Scott

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Scot Sealander
  To: 'tim pearce' ; gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 8:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [Gmecm] LT1 in G-Body

  It will probably run fairly well.  I would be more afraid of the ECM.  If I remember correctly, it was only used two years in the vette, and one year in the F-body. If it ever dies, you may not be able to replace it.  It might be better to install a 94-95 ECM right off the bat.

   Hey fellas . I see a lot of threads on lately about tuning. I'd like to interject a question. I am working on a transplant. A 93 LT1 into a Monte Carlo SS.  While there is a lot of activity here I thought I might get the best answer. Will I need to do any tuning to have good drivability and performance, will the weight difference in the cars create a need to tune differently. ??    Thanks.  Tim