[Gmecm] 1227730 - to - 1227727 conversion?

Robert Saar robertisaar
Fri Sep 30 19:18:05 UTC 2011

sorry about chiming in so late, but Ludis Langden did tear both apart and made some fairly detailed schematics of the 7730/7749. he also made a pinout conversion guide as well for the placement of pins comparing a 7727 to?a 7730/7749(i have a copy of it in MHTML form, but no idea where you would be able to find it on the web). if you want to get real techincal, the 7727 portion would also apply to a 16149396, which is simply a 7727 with an extra 2KB of RAM. not exactly useful unless you're running $DF or a custom mask, but something to keep in mind.
?
also, (all?)?TGP BINs were 8F, not 6D. 6D is?a 1BAR mask, 8F is 2BAR, with the only?signifcant differences being converting the MAP A/D into normalized MAP values and 8F's added tables/constants due to boost. as far as i know, the latest TGP BIN that was released by the factory was AZRC.

--- On Wed, 8/17/11, Command Performance Engineering <c.p.e at comcast.net> wrote:

From: Command Performance Engineering <c.p.e at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] 1227730 - to - 1227727 conversion?
To: "'David Allen'" <davida1 at hiwaay.net>, "'GM-ECM'" <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 10:15 PM

David,

I am attaching a file I got several years ago and have made many corrections
and updates over the years.? It is quite helpful for pin-by-pin comparisons
between the two ECM's.

You could start with the 1989 Turbo Grand Prix 3.1 (V) $6D calibration
"ASAN" or its derivative (P/N 16138784), which was configured with the
1227727 ECM for that application.? In 1990 Pontiac released the "AUFR"
calibration (P/N 16150422) for that year model of the same vehicle.? This
would be an even better choice since GM had a year to sort out tuning issues
and the AUFR cal would be therefore newer.? I have a copy of the Bin file if
you need it.? Just let me know.

Hope this helps.

David J.
Command Performance Engineering