[Gmecm] Corvair with 3.8 sfi

BNRVL at aol.com BNRVL
Wed Jul 4 00:09:29 UTC 2012

Hello David ..where are you ..??  Tim, my Son found a 1951 Mercury we
looked at couple of days ago ..

it is on a 1979 Olds 98 Chassis ..but I was wondering where I can research
the 1994 Ford-Mercury engines ..as our 1994 Mercury engine locked up last
month  and i replaced it with a 1994 Engine that supposed to have 45,000
miles on it  ..but last Wed. it had a 4 ft. pool of green water underneath the
trans. so we  figgured a freeze plug was leaking ..and i have not had a
chance to drive it  much..but it runs OK..so far...the speed mileage meter does
not work so will  have to get that fixed to see what current mileage it is
getting  ...The  Olds never got 20 city-30 hiway ..and will NEVER GET IT ...so
if we get the  merc. I wondered if i can replace the Olds engine with a
Ford  engine-OD  trans and enjoy the 20-30 mpg in the Merc ...as gas will never

Truck still funning GREAT....!!! ..need to get speedmeter working so I can
do a mileage check on it

What are your plans when you get back to USA...??  tell me your  thoughts
on the 289  Engine ...??  when you get caught up .

Have a GREAT 4 th of July wherever you are tomorrow . This guy has several
cars as he is thinning out his Fleet...  you might want to check him out
...Tim has known for several years

Many Thanks

Bob

In a message dated 1/15/2010 1:09:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,