[Gmecm] motorola 68k / cpu32 assembly

Ant ant
Wed Mar 21 08:26:08 UTC 2012

Has anyone here attempted to assemble 32 bit motorola 68k code for an
'0411 pcm?

Im trying to use the sourcery codebench build of the gnu tools, but I
think the linker is buggy.

If I use m68k-linux-gnu-objdump -r to view the relocations in the .o
file they check out correctly. But when I use the gnu linker to resolve
the relocs and spit out a .bin file, they are all off by 2.

Its not a linker configuration error as if I offset the load address
of .text too offset addresses by 2 lots of other things break.

tool versions are:

$ m68k-linux-gnu-as --version
GNU assembler (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-22) 2.21.53.20110905

$ m68k-linux-gnu-ld --version
GNU ld (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-22) 2.21.53.20110905

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has written code by hand and
assembled with these tools.

Thanks,
Ant