[Gmecm] OT - alternative refrigerant test... HFC152A

Gary Evans gary
Tue May 14 00:37:17 UTC 2013

No need to argue with me about it. I only stated the facts.

R134a is not flammable. This is a fact.
HFC152a is flammable in certain concentrations. This is a fact.
Automakers are prohibited from piping it inside the cabin. This is a fact.
By doing so you are exposing yourself to risk that a flammable concentration will accumulate inside the car.

That's all. You are entitled to your opinion and your experiment demonstrates that it is safer than charging your system with brake cleaner. On the list of things that will result in your death it is probably way, way, way down there. I just wanted point out that is it not as safe as r134a in this respect and that new cars are designed with this in mind.

also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EqEZH3EFU

-Gary