[Gmecm] OT - alternative refrigerant test... HFC152A

David Allen davida1
Tue May 14 23:57:02 UTC 2013

LOL about the bullet holes!  Yes, the Park Avenue has a luggage rack, and I
am going to have it painted so the rack is off and holes taped. I already
repaired the bullet holes elsewhere in the car!  ;)

Thanks for the link to Duracool. If I had a system that I could NOT manage
to uprade enough to work with a non-flammable gas, that would be an option.
I have heard of it before but forgot about it. It's been around a long time.
We used to get Autofrost (a blended refrigerant) here, but I also haven't
seen that in years. I found that R134A was equally good, back then it was
cheaper, too.

Today I registered the Park Avenue and drove it all day. It was 85 degrees
or more. Performance was better than expected. It was colder than a newer
"native" R134A full size car. Very happy. Will keep updating as the summer
heats up.

David