[Wbo2] Using the Bosch WB sensor with L1H1 circuit board

bcroe at juno.com bcroe
Wed Nov 23 04:39:02 UTC 2005

I should have said this was in respect to the NTK sensor.
I don't have practical experience with the Bosch, though
it probably is not a quantum leap ahead.

I don't know of any release of a calibration circuit for the
NTK sensor.  But there were some equations leaked out.
A circuit can be built to exactly follow an equation, even
if it is different from the mfgs circuit.  That was done
on the first DIY-WB, and the results seem to be pretty
good.  But we don't officially have that equation.  As I
have said, trying to squeeze another decimal place of
absolute accuracy out of the ckt is a waste for engine
tuners.  Much more important was wide dynamic range
in the DIY-WB unit, for which fixes have been described.

There was thought that an official NTK wide band unit
might be available for testing.  This would allow determining
the equation exactly, without even opening the unit.  Can you
say, "reverse engineer"?  But this was never actually done.

Bruce (experienced reverse engineer) Roe