intro & bus standard

John S Gwynne jsg
Thu May 5 17:18:22 GMT 1994

(Message jsg:105)
From: Evernden_Wes_A/lcs_system3 at system3.lcs.gov.bc.ca
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 09:58:30 -0700
Subject: RE: intro  & bus standard
To: Diy_Efi-Owner

Greetings from a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I am a ME working as a network analyst, no programming and no
engineering. I have been trying to get started on a digital ignition
system for about a year now. This is just a hobby for me so sometimes I
find time for it and sometimes its on the back burner. I have been
gathering tools and information to try and make this project as easy as
possible. I now have a scope, signal gen., a HC11 EVB and a good book
just about the HC11 with some automotive application examples.

My biggest problem seems to be teaching myself assembler. I don't find
assembler terribly exiting and would rather be using somebody else
code; modifying it for my own purposes. I don't suppose any of the big
developers have ever released any of their programs have they? Top
secret stuff I hear.

As for a bus standard I am not sure I exactly understand what the
options are and for what reasons but I vote for whatever works with the 68HC11.

Wes Evernden
Victoria, BC

I would like to hear comments for everyone on this as this is something that
must be decided up-front. It will be much more difficult to work together if
we all use the CPU bus directly (i.e., asynchronous 68000 type CPU bus vs the
synchronous 68HC11 vs the parallel port on a lap top). IMHO, we need a common
point between all of these approaches.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu
_