FW:

Ciciora Steve sciciora at al.noaa.gov
Tue Sep 27 17:03:50 GMT 1994

Someone writes...

hey folks --
There is a list of PCB manufacturers in the FAQ for sci.electronics
that will do small runs.  I have included one in particular that
sounded good, there are many more.  John, is there a way we could
turn your design into a two layer board?  This particular outfit
will produce two double sided plated thru hole boards 4x5 for about
$80 or so.  well worth it, in my opinion.  Anyway, I'd like to
see your schematics, but i don't have access to any kind of layout
software.  can you generate a gif or postscript file?
--steve

I've made the offer privatly, and now I'll make it publically, but I'll
probably regret it...  I'd be willing to take a stab at laying out the 68000
board.  I have PCAD w/ a good autorouter.  While I don't much care for PCAD, I
think I'm getting good at it.  All I need is the final version of the sch.  It
dosn't have to be caded up; I an going to have to re-do it in PCAD anyway.  I
can't guess how much it will cost or how big the board will be, heck I don't
even know how many chips there are!  If I get a sch., I will have a better
idea.  Anyone else interested?
(After all the CPU arguments, isn't it funny which one looks like we might end
up using?  The person who does the most work sets the standard!)
- Steven Ciciora
sciciora at al.noaa.gov