Engine dyno for EFI project

Sven-Erik Tiberg set at mt.luth.se
Tue Aug 8 13:16:15 GMT 1995

>Hello,
>        Does anyone have any tips or plans on how to build an engine dyno?
>Before I start my efi project I want to build a dyno so I can benchmark my
>results and debug the system in the shop.
>
>I guess the industry uses a water pump for a load, I'm not sure how to do the
>calculations, do you use water pressure as a measurement, flow rate of
>liquid?  What method could be used to calibrate?  Any advice on where to get an
>applicable pump?
>
>thanks,
>        Dave.

Hi Dave.

        What about to use a torqe converter from a car. Block the output
shaft and fill it more or less with oil. Pump the oil to/from a tank of
250L.
If neserarry wind a coldwater tube in the tank. It could work;-). and it
would be very economic.

Any opinion on this?

We are using Schenk eddie current and water brakes in the labbs.

--- Sven-Erik Tiberg set at mt.luth.se ----