555 based FI system

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Fri Dec 29 17:44:39 GMT 1995

At 09:11 AM 12/29/95 -0700, diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
  The 555 Based FI system sounds good, but did someone mention that
>the output of a MAF sensor is not linear?

The Karman (how do you spell that?) Vortex system used in the Mitsubishis is
very linear. I tried to find a limit on it by driving around with it stuck
out of the window and I met no limit (broke a few speed limits though)

Or is that what the pot on the 555 is for;

No, the pot is to tune the base system to the injectors and engine and get
everything roughly correct. later on we can use other things rto get it spot
on, but for now we need a rough adjustment, eg for starting a cold engine.

>If it could work, sounds like a _great_ way to get _something_ to work, while
>adding in more smarts as you go.

Exactly!

>  I guess I should start looking for a throttle body and MAF to fit my 302
>ford...

Throttle body yes, but use the Mitsubishi MAF because it gives a pulse train
and that is what we need for this project.

Peter Wales
President Superchips Inc
Chairman Superchips Ltd        "Timing is everything"