General question

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Fri Dec 29 17:44:53 GMT 1995

Tom writes:
>On a MGB witha  5 port head, biggest problem with fuel injection
>is timing the injection cycle. Since the intake ports a siamesed
>the injector needs to be on ONLY during the time when the intake
>valve is opened... the sysem would have to be a sequential mode,
>preferably timed to the closing of the intake valve.  To have the
>injector big enough for WOT throttle may result in a poor idle.

Actually the injectors could be fires is a batch sceme twice a revolution
and still maintain a even fuel distribution.  Firing on the open valve is a
contriversial subject.  Some research says that firing on the open valve
does not give a good burn since the droplets from the injector are too
large.  It is believed that injecting on the closed valve will allow some of
the heat of the valve to be used to evaporating the fuel, ( liquid gas does
not burn, only the vapor. thus the catoletic converter.)  It is also
believed that the high velocety air present when opening the valve will
create better atomization then the injector.

By the way, I am going to turbo and fuel inject my neighbors mg sometime in
the future.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |