PLease help me get up to date/speed

Chris Adam Thomas nasa at suns.chinalake.navy.mil
Tue Feb 28 21:36:42 GMT 1995

Hi

I'm still new to the list and I'm behind and also ignorant of a lot of
details.  I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could clear up a few things
for me.

Thanks

1)  Speed density vs mass flow:
	It would seem to me that for those of us lacking dynos and lots of
	test equipment that mass flow would have a definite advantage.  But
	it is my impression that most aftermarket EFI units are speed density.
	True?  If so, why  and how are aftermarket users doing the necessary
	mapping?

	Those of you with your own projects, which are you using and why?

2)  I recently read that when Chevy changed from throttle body to port injection
    with the rest of the engine the same, it gained about 17% in economy and
    about 2/3 that in performance.  How much improvement could be expected
    by going to timed-sequencial?

    What manufactures are using timed sequential?  Both Ford and Chevy said they
    were going toward it but . . . .

    Again, are those of you with projects going with timed seq. ?

3.  Oxygens sensors:  Several years ago there were wide A/F range sensors
    available for about $750 each.  Clearly,  the slick solution is to use
    something like that.  Has the price come down enough so they are being used?
    A bolt on aftermarket that could build it's own table would make things
    so much easier.

I'm sure that's enough questions for now.  More later :-)

Thanks for the help

cat