Hall Effect Gear Tooth Sensor

Grant Beattie grantb at nait.ab.ca
Thu Jan 5 01:06:34 GMT 1995

On Wed, 4 Jan 1995, Jim Pieronek wrote:

> Can anyone give me a source for a Hall Effect Sensor for detecting the
> teeth on a ring gear?  Any advice or experience on mounting and using
> such a sensor would be appreciated also.

I'm no expert on this, but ELECTRO has a whole pile of things called VRS
sensors, digital sensors and proximity sensors that are used for
producing either square pulses or sine waves in response to gear teeth
wizzing by.  Their catalog seems quite complete and has applications
info too.

Electro Corp.
1845 - 57th Street
Sarasota, FL