[comment] resell of DIY_EFI material

Kelly Murray kem at charybdis.prl.ufl.edu
Tue Mar 7 04:18:21 GMT 1995

> | This brings up an interesting point.  What is the status of the info on
> | this list?  I had been assuming that it was more or less public but
> | that it would be unethical to use it for profit.  Comments? John?
>
> I support this position, but I know of no way to enforce
> it.  I have thought about things like a GNU or BSD type
> of license and copyright, but I'm not a lawyer and don't
> know what kind of modifications would be needed for a
> project like this. Perhaps others have experience in this area?

You must decide if the public benefits from commercial products.
If they do, then releasing information to the "public" includes
commercial companies.  If you believe either (1) all companies are evil;
or (2) Only YOU know which are evil and which are not, then
you must keep ownership of your information.

-Kelly Murray