Throttle Plate Control

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon May 8 15:18:33 GMT 1995

-> Do all commercial vehicles have the throttle plate directly connected
-> do the accelerator pedal?  (I would think reasons of safety might
-> mandate this.)

 The first auto "drive by wire" systems were developed for rear-engine
buses, actually.

->  Are there any "fly-by-wire" systems with the throttle
-> valve under computer control?

 Various Delco and Bosch "traction control" rigs do this, notably on
Corvettes and Cadillacs.

->  Would there be any advantages to doing this?

 Sure, as long as you're sure the guy who wrote the software knows more
about your driving than you do.  I prefer to control my own throttle,
thank you.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us=========================DoD# 978=======