HP formulas?

FIScot at aol.com FIScot at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 14:20:11 GMT 1995

    Subj:   Re: HP formulas?
    Date:   95-11-17 19:35:20 EST
    From:   scicior at cp.mnet.uswest.com (Steve Ciciora)

  > John DeAmond (sp?) when he ran the hotrod mailing list had a spread
  > sheet program to do this.  He got his formulas form David Vizzard's
  > (sp?) 'Optimizing your ignition' book.  While John didn't have anything
  > good to say about Dr.  Vizzard's products, he did give lots of advice
  > on the net that sounded like he got the info from this book.  Never
  > gave credit for it though...  :->.
  > I also got a program from J.C.  Witnies (sp again, hey, I'm an
  > engineer) that does this.  You enter pairs of numbers like:

    Hey Steve, ignoring the spelling, you may be a fine engineer,
    but you have a number of facts wrong here... ;-)   David Vizard has
    authored many good books, and I recommend them highly.  None of his
    books have Ph.D. after his name though... You are thinking of
    "Christopher A. Jacobs, Ph.D.,E.E."  who wrote 'The Doctor's Guide to
    Optimizing Your Ignition'.

    From one of David's books:

    "Author David Vizard is an experienced engine-builder, road race and
    drag-race engine tuner, and engineer, ......".  And Harvey Crane, Jr.
    has a glowing foreward in one of David's books that is worth reading.
                            Vizard and Jacobs are two very different people.

    You may not have agreed with John DeArmond or his politics, but you
    gotta' admit he almost always knew what he was talking about.  I just
    wish that 'Perfomance Engineering' would have made it.

    Scot Sealander   FIScot at aol.com