Ignition questions & the Nat semi Injector driver

Jim Staff staffj at freenet.msp.mn.us
Mon Apr 15 07:16:08 GMT 1996

> I used a TIP152 400v 7.5 amp darlington. (and a balasted coil)
> Thats it. The TIP152 has an internal clamp for reverse voltages
> and I guess the transistor soaked up the positive spikes.

The balast was put there to act as a currecnt limiter correct?  I Don't have
access to something like that... I have access only to more normal electronic
parts.. What kind of Volts and Amps could i expect? I can get resistors that are
very heavy duty, also I found a diode that could block the mississippi, from
haris. 1000V @ 150amps!!!!

Also SGS thomson has automotive ignition transistors, that are 400V @ 15amps,
and carry internal protection.

About the tip 120, I've got a good supply. (Radio shack 1 mile away) It also
carries internal protection for reverse voltage and high voltage (It's only 60V
max), of course I maybe able to slide by on luck and a handfull in case I blow
one!

      Jim Staff