HEGO

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at awinc.com
Tue Aug 13 02:10:24 GMT 1996

At 02:33 PM 8/12/96 -0400, Dave wrote:

>Thanks for the advice on the use of HEGO sensors.
>If you reckon that they are still not heated enough unless placed somewhere
>in the manifold what would be you're advice for a V8 application - two
>sensors, one in each manifold used simulatneously or one sensor that's
>switched between the manifolds. What sort of accuracy would I be likely to
>expect if I was to place the sensor in the collector?

I have two mounted in header collectors on a V8.  They seem to work OK, but
are a little slow to warm up.  They are the unheated type, however, as soon
as these wear out I'll replace them with heated ones.  BTW, I'm using a dual
10 LED bargraph display, mounted in a 2" gage housing in the dash.  Simple,
effective, and easy to read while driving, unlike the LCD multimeter...

regards
dn
dnorquay at awinc.com