real time dyno?

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Mon Aug 26 21:05:58 GMT 1996

> All this stuff about real time dyno's seems to have a problem.
> You're not taking into account the fact that you are accelerating the
> car and not steady state.  You're torque will always be low unless you
> calc in all your masses and wind resistance and frictions and try to
> calc out the lost torque.

True - but for me this is what peaks my interest (obviously not a
performance vehicle).  Numbers like torque required to maintain
cruising speeds, effects of trailers, cargo and such.  More of an
efficiency thing.  Some of the (very interesting) ideas on sensors
for this application sound very worth trying, but I'm wondering about
their linearity/accuracy at lower levels (say 10bhp cruising?)

-mike
mfahrion at bb-elec.com