Fwd: eddy current brake

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 13 17:54:30 GMT 1996

>At 04:51 PM 12/12/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Lessee, 600 at idle to 6000 is 10:1, which is enough for me.  With a 4-star
>>crank sensor, you get a pulse every 45 degrees, since 2 revs = 360, right?
><snip>
>>
>>Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>
>
>Actually, 2 revs of the engine is 720 degrees (360 per crankshaft revolution).
>So your pulses from a 4 point sensor would be coming every 90 degrees or so.
>
>Clint Corbin
>ccorbin at rt66.com
>ccorbin at intel9.intel.com

???? On a 4-cycle engine, the cam turns 360 deg for two rotations of
the crank, and it's the cam timing you're interested in.  So 720 degrees
of crank equals 360 degrees of cam -- now you've got me wondering .....
when one looks for ignition timing, are you looking at crank or cam???

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>