Weird problem

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Fri Dec 13 18:24:14 GMT 1996

Gregory Chan wrote:

> At 7500 rpm in 4th I would be doing around 115 mph. At 6000 in 5th about 120
> mph.

Greg,
	Many cars have a speed limiter at 120-125 mph, sure sounds like you've
found it.  I don't know however, why you say that you used to be able to
go higher rev's in top gear.
	From your explanations this sounds like about what's happening.
	I'd try to contact Jim Wolf at his business where they do a lot of
Japaneese cars and see what they have to say.  I remember in a bunch of
Turbo Mag articles that they pulled or moved the speed limiter from 125
mph.

That's about all I can come up with for now without further analysis of
fuel/spark at these conditions.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering