ALDL

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Mon Dec 16 14:47:30 GMT 1996

Here we go again.  The ALDL information IS NOT on pins A&B.  A is
ground.  B is 5-6 volts from the Computer. E and/or M is the serial
ALDL data.  Shorting A to B only has the effect of causing the Check
Engine light to flash in a manner that will reveal any trouble codes.
 The ALDL is a serial bit stream that includes information such as
spark retardation, Throttle position, Injector duty cycle, Air inlet
temperature, ad nauseum.  What you say might be true as far as it
goes;  but, I don't think that it is a response to the question.  I
use a Diacom  Plus to read the ALDL data.