Diagnostic Information - OBD-II

Felix Homburg Felix.Homburg at t-online.de
Sat Dec 28 18:30:06 GMT 1996

I would like to know a little bit more about OBD-II. I'm from Europe and for the
cars in Europe it's not law to have OBD-II. Do all the new cars in the U.S. have
a compatible connector for OBD-II. Does anyone have the pinout and the outlines
of this connector?
Are the scan-tools for OBD-II for all cars the same or does a garage use
different scan-tools for different cars?
I'm working on diagnostic system for VW/Audi and I'd like to include the OBD-II
protocol so it would be interesting for me to get a little bit more knowledge
about that.

Thanks

Felix