Ford MAF sensor

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at PO2.GI.COM
Mon Feb 5 17:49:11 GMT 1996

>It is my understanding that the Ford E8ZZ-12B579-A sensor is rated at 891
>kg/hr air flow or approx. 230 HP max...Does Ford have a similar sensor in
the
>110 - 130 hp range??

Try the 4 cylinder Ford engines, maybe the 1.9L (?) engine in the Mercury
Tracer (same as Ford Escort?).  Or if you want a little more flow
capability, try the (standard horsepower) 6 cylinder engines.  The Taurus
SHO makes over 200 hp, so it's MAF is similar in size to the 5 liter V8.
 The last few years that I went to the San Diego auto show, it seemed that
all of the Ford engines had the same style of MAF, with the only difference
being the diameter (ie. flow capability).

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com