Electronic thottles

Gavin Walker gavin at cbr.dit.csiro.au
Tue Feb 6 02:22:14 GMT 1996

Hi Guys
  I read recently that as part of the Merc skid control system they
switched to using a remote throttle.  i.e. there is no cable
connecting the pedal and the throttle.  Are the current stepping
motors sufficiently quick for this?  I can see advantages in idle
control, gear selection and dual throttle bodies.

  Well the volume of this list is getting too much for the moment so
I've sign off for the next few months.  When I get closer to
materialising my project I'll hop back on.  See you guys later.

1978 Toyota Corolla KE50 Liftback 1.2l 3K-C 8ohv 275 000km
1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CC GLXi Hatch 1.6l SOHC16v 4G92 60 000km
1967 Rover P6 2000 SC Sedan SOHC8v ?15 000miles
--
  _--_|\             -|-    Gavin Walker
 \_.--.*/ <- Canberra,      gavin.walker at dit.csiro.au
       v     Australia      Phone +61-6-2167030     Fax +61-6-2167111