GM TPI system

Steve Ciciora scicior at cp.uswc.uswest.com
Wed Feb 7 18:28:20 GMT 1996

<snip>

> If you are electronically-inclined, you can make a fuel injector
> energizer with a 555 timer and a driver transistor (I made one
> from a basic Stamp).  If not, you can get the energizer device
> from J.C.Whitneys.
>
> - Bruce

  So, once you have the injector removed, and you are pulsing it, then what?
Do you have to pressurize it with a fuel pump, and what do you pump through
it?  I'm assuming you did the above to clean your injectors.  Can you just
submerge the bottom half of the injector in some sort of cleaner, and pulse
away?
  Thanks for the info!
-Steven Ciciora

P.S.  I've heard the stamp described as 'The first device easier to use than
a 555'.  I agree, if you think you might need changes in the future.  It's
easier to download new basic code than to make major timing changes (in
hardware), or if you need to add a delay between two events, etc.