Injector Phasing...

Steve Baldwin steveb at kcbbs.gen.nz
Mon Feb 12 04:55:57 GMT 1996

>   Boy, I really hate (I think) to get into this one but...
>
>   I believe Peter and Sian are saying the same thing, but from totally
> different perspectives.  Peter is concerned with WOT...Sian is (I
> think, since hie research sounds similar to mine) concerned with
> day-to-day driveability.  There's no way you can meet emissions
> regulations and customer (i.e.- consumer) satisfaction without being
> extremely concerned with transients, not to mention cold-start/
> warm-up strategy.  Increasing cycle-to-cycle variability, increasing
> efficiency at part-throttle, etc. (COVimep, transient response, etc)
> are all concerns of manufacturers, not tuners/racers.  Show me a
> racer who minds a miniscule off-idle stutter versus 20hp and a
> 1000ppm increase in HC and I'll show you a big three engineer riding
> with a racing team. :)

Isn't the whole point of EFI to have performance and retain some
driveability ? Otherwise we might as well use something like Hilborn
(open 'em up and pour it in) injection. The thought of trying to park a
top-fueler doesn't appeal to me.

If there isn't any harm (to overall power) by reducing emmisions or
consumption, why not do it ? For a street driven car, I still haven't
seen the down side.

I can't find the spellink chekka for yewniks.

Steve.