Looking for low-cost ignition analysis 'scope

David M Parrish dmp at bmesun1.MCG.EDU
Fri Feb 16 19:47:26 GMT 1996

> This is something I have been wanting to do for a while as I find it
> fastinating that you can assess an engine's condition just by looking at
> the spark

On the secondary side, it'd probably have to be inductive, but I saw
an article in Popular Electronics long ago, (This was back in the
seventies.) that hooked up to the primary side. It had a voltage
divider made of a few resistors, followed by a zener to clip the
kickback peak and possibly a capacitor or two. To make it look like
what you see on a car scope, you had to invert the image.

---
David Parrish
Don't touch -

YEOWWWW!!!!