Starting out

SANDY SWELTAN at physio.uct.ac.za
Mon Feb 26 16:33:07 GMT 1996

I am interested in upgrading OEM fuel injection systems (re-
mapping existing engine management chips) and installing
fuel injection systems in carburetted cars or upgrading older EFI
systems. I am currently working in an unrelated field, but I have
a great interest in motor cars (do a bit of racing too),
particularly EFI and engine management systems. However, I have only
a basic knowledge of electronics but I am computer literate. Could
anyone tell me:

i) what basic knowledge
ii) what equipment eg. dynamometer, hardware for interfacing a pc
    with the microcontroller, reprogramming the chip, etc.

I would need to be able to do the above (please don't laugh!)

Sandy

DR. S.M. WELTAN
DEPT OF PHYSIOLOGY                       Tel. No: (021) 406-6507
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN                  Fax No:  (021) 47-7669
MEDICAL SCHOOL
SOUTH AFRICA

e-mail:sweltan at physio.uct.ac.za