Ford Sierra Cosworth ECU Prom

Miller,Brad Brad_Miller at so.xerox.com
Mon Jan 8 16:28:49 GMT 1996

Hmm - - a problem that "I've been told" happens with some turbo cars,
 is that once your are honking them pretty good, the rings will
 sometimes align - - thus the thing will smoke a bit and loose some
 power.  After you continue driving them "out of boost" the things will
 then move around and reseat to where they aren't aligned.

Just my 2 cents worth . . . throw back the change . . .

<*>A friend has just acquired a 1989 Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth
<*>and is experiencing some problems with the turbo. If the car is
<*>driven on boost then all is fine until it comes off boost. When
<*>he accelerates again the turbo doesn't produce any boost (at least
<*>it doesn't feel like it, no spine snapping acceleration) and acts
<*>like a fast 2l car. Any suggestions? (I've been elected to fix it
<*>as he thinks it's an electrical fault)

Bradley Miller
Xerox Business Services, Kansas City
Midwest Shelby Dodge Automobile Club Inc.
Email: Brad_Miller at so.xerox.com
Alternate: Brad2dbone at aol.com