efi555

peter wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Mon Jan 29 21:13:29 GMT 1996

At 12:09 AM 1/29/96 -0600, >David J. Doddek   wrote:
snip
> The one problem with an analog
>system is that there is a large change in volumetric effeciency at low rpm
>causing a rich mixture at idle in gear (automatic) and lean at low speed
>cruse (30 mph)  However, something like this is not a concern on a race
>engine that spends a lot of time at wide open throttle.  This is probably
>why the race engine that the gentleman at superchips ran well.

Again, the point is being missed here. The system runs very satisfactorily
on all Turbo Mitsubishi's and the early cars had very rudimentary control
over the pulse width at low RPMs. I am not suggesting  that a system like
this is the equivalent of a mapped ECU design, but it is not too far away.

Peter Wales
President Superchips Inc Florida
Chairman Superchips Ltd Buckingham     "Timing is everything"
Superchips home page with all the answers  http://www.superchips.com