G-Force Measurement

Brad Sheridan bs73 at prism.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 8 05:37:44 GMT 1996

Tim,
 Sounds like a good system. In case you were wondering which accel. we are
using, its the IC sensors one mentioned in a previous post, and we're
getting it arould $90 in large quantity(Dont know exactly what large is
though). I was wrong about the reason for not using the AD accel. but now I
can't remember what Helmut told me. I know one of the reasons is that for a
device like what we have, people expect something to be 'instant on' and the
AD required warm up. I also think its lacking in accuracy, and possibly the
range of measurement. How much do you have wrapped up in the production of
your unit? $600 seems awfully low when you figure in hardware prices, and
the fact that you'll be doing tech support for it, dealing with returns,
defective units, overhead of inventory, etc.

Good Luck,
Brad