Josh Karnes joshk at tanisys.com
Wed Jun 5 14:11:30 GMT 1996

> I'm trying to asses the potential for a forced induction system to
> get about 20 more HP out of the 4 cyl engine.....

Say what?  There is no way to get 20 more hp from a 4 cyl engine (the
2.5L injected "slant-four" from Chrysler, right?) with induction mods
unless you add a turbo.  You *might* get as much as 3-5 hp at high
speeds if you manage to design a very good forced system, but that
will really only have an effect at speeds of 50+ mph.  You can get a
couple more ponies just by making a better, higher-flowing airbox, or
cooling the air coming in (or keeping it cool, once it is cool), but
the forced-air idea is not going to yield that kind of power
increase.

I hope you were kidding :)

Josh Karnes                                                 joshk at tanisys.com
Renaissance Man                        http://www.tanisys.com/~joshk/home.htm
Tanisys Technology                                     http://www.tanisys.com
Austin, Texas                      '78 BMW 530i | '72 Datsun 240Z | IZCC #308